HOME » Items For Sale: Office & Biz
Free Online Business Crash Course
If you've been thinking of starting a business online, you may be discouraged because there's so much information available. It's really hard to decide where to get started.
The first step to getting started is to decide what type of business you will start. This will help you avoid studying information that may not be related to what you want to do.
Once you have some idea, start by searching through ebook directories to for ebooks on your topic. There are tons of ebook directories on the internet, and many of the ebooks they offer are free. This will save you money. (Scribd is a good site to start with as it has tons of documents available to you including digitized versions of books.)
Visit article directories and read articles. This may also lead you to more specialized information you need that you didn't find at the ebook directories.
If possible, visit your public library and see what books are available. (Searching a site like Amazon will help you find titles you may want to read to increase your knowledge.) While you are reading, assess your skills to determine if you have all of the skills you need to get started.
A good skills assessment will help you determine what you need to learn. This will also save you some time. If you already have certain skills, like customer service, you won't have to learn how to do these things.
If you are really serious about starting a business, there are certain essential skills you will need to learn: small business start up, marketing, copywriting, customer service, proper use of the internet, as well as internet etiquette, and possibly website building. If you don't have any of these skills, you will have a tough time succeeding in business.
Don't fall for this notion that all you have to do is jump on the internet and you can start making money. If you have trouble using email, and I know those who do, don't expect to start making money just because you are online. You will need to build your skills first unless you have the money to outsource. If you can outsource, you still need to know what to look for first. Otherwise, it's easy to get ripped off.
Do your homework. Learn from credible sources. Owning a business, online or offline, is a tough job. If you really want to succeed, you have to work hard, but it does pay off in financial freedom, as well time freedom when you do it right.
Like these tips? Then learn how to REALLY start your business in 30 days. Get your free 30 day ebusiness course: www.smallbusinesshowto.com. Discover 7 ways to make money online for free: www.askjingernow.com.
Printer Friendly Page
Report This Ad
Ad Number: 1531
Listing Date: May 24th, 2010
Expires: December 31st, 2013
Ad Views: 380
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Member Since: March 26th, 2009
- Please do not capitalize all of the letters in your title, your ad, or both. This is considered to be the equivalent of shouting online, and you are more likely to offend others than get their business, so DON'T DO IT.
- All ads MUST be in text. If you want to add a URL to your ad, simply make sure you type http:// in front of the domain. This will make the link clickable. (The system has been set up this way so you don't need to know HTML.)
- Do not use any HTML formatting to create any type of fancy fonts, or change the color of the fonts. Colored fonts simply make your ad hard to read. Black text on a white background using an easy to read font gives your ad the best design. This site has already been optimized for design so there is nothing you need to do.
- Remember your reader. The best thing you can do is write an ad that gets your potential customers' attention, is easy to read, answers all of their questions, and get them to take the action you want them to take.
- No pharmaceuticals, hate, gambling, any type of enlargement products, etc. In other words, this is a family friendly classifieds site, and we don't accept anything adult or anything menat to insult others.
- If you don't have an account, and you want to submit ads, you may get one here: Killer Marketing Arsenal. Classified ad syndication is only included with the paid account.
Get Daily Updates